Members can attend monthly meetings and they receive the Society’s journal, The Wakefield Kinsman, quarterly (February, May, August and November). As a member, you may request help with your difficult research either in person at our monthly meetings or by letter or email. Our experts are always on hand to assist you. Other benefits are available in the Members’ area of this website (see the left-hand panel)
Annual membership runs from 1 June to 31 May. Anyone joining the Society after 31 March, and paying the relevant subscription on joining, shall be deemed to have paid for membership up to 31 May the following year. Subscription rates are as follows:
|Joint (two people at the same address and sharing one journal)||14.00|
|Senior (age 60 and over)||10.00|
|Overseas (surface mail)||17.00|
|Overseas (air mail)||20.00|
To apply for membership
- Print off the Form
If your browser does not display PDF, download Adobe by clicking
- Complete the form. It will help the Society if you agree that your subscription can be treated as a Gift Aid donation. All members who pay Income or Capital Gains Tax pay their subscriptions out of taxed income. As a registered charity, the Society can claim back an amount equal to the tax paid on those subscriptions. It will greatly help the Society if you would sign the Gift Aid declaration on the Application Form.
- List in the Members’ Interests Section any research interests that you have.
- Please sign the Data Protection authorisation at the bottom of the form.
- Enclose a cheque, (sterling only), postal and money orders payable to:
Wakefield & District Family History Society.
- Post to the Membership Secretary; Debbie Staynes, 1, The Bungalows, Hill Head, Halifax Road, Dewsbury, WF13 4JD
Or you can join the Society online through Parish Chest by clicking here.